I am NO GOOD at Decluttering!
|Handwritten notes from 1998|
Having just finished reading about the price of central heating oil in 2004 (it looks like 18.5p + 5% vat per litre) I set aside one folder and moved onto another folder... to find this!
This is my handwritten notes from 1998 when we were preparing to put all the challenges for our group of writers, artists, crafters, money-savers and debt-busters into print for the first time.
The notes are a little faded so I will retype some of them here, as I feel they are as relevant now as they were then.
Now You Know
- What does a reader know after reading NYK that they didn't possibly know before...?
- What makes you keep buying the same products and reading material?
- What matters most to ordinary people now?
- Growing families and setting up home
- Household running costs
- Car running costs
- The benefits of the Internet
- Bargains to buy
- Sports? (or sensationalism)
- Humour and satire
- Budget charts
- Price comparisons
- Earning potentials
- How to...
- Investments and savings
- Do it anyway and accept the consequences
- Don't do it
- Find a way of making it affordable
Edited in: Just found the print contract - £435 per 5,000 copies and £60 per 1,000 thereafter. Haulage cost £50 back then. :)