Friday 12 April 2024

In the Frugaldom Garden

Yes, it's a pretzel tree. 😆 Last night saw the arrival of our Olio leftovers, which, along with turnips and onions, included 4 bags of pretzels. These aren't things we would normally eat so in good 'waste not, want not' fashion, they got hung out in the rain to soften up for the birds. Soon after, there were birds all around the tree. At first, they eyed it warily, unsure of what had 'grown' on it but they soon realised  that these strange looking objects were edible.
 
Later this afternoon, I achieved my primary goal of the day, which was to plant a sprouted potato. I'm happy to announce that not only did I plant said potato, I weeded out the entire raised bed, raked the compost and then planted all the sprouted potatoes. It's baby steps, I know, but after several hours of mucking out animal shelters, stuffing haynets and feeding everything, my energy levels just aren't what they used to be, especially in the rain.

In summary - today I planted a dozen free potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. All comments are moderated to help prevent system abuse by spammers, time-wasters and chancers, so your comment will not appear until it has been manually accepted for publishing. This will be done as soon as possible - I check for updates regularly. We are on GMT - London times.