Saturday 5 April 2014

Keep on Learning to Protect your own Frugal Future

050414blog

Frugal Technology

Not being a gambler, I didn't risk betting my frugal fortunes on today's Grand National, although I did manage to pick second and fourth, if that counts for anything. I guess it would have mattered more had I placed real bets, but I didn't.

My point today is that I have made a commitment to protect my own future plans to achieve and maintain a financially self-sustainable lifestyle during my able-bodied working life, helping to ensure, as best I can, a secure retirement. I have now… continue

… Where do you draw the line in investments as a self-employed person or small business owner? Should there be a line if investments fall within the realms of current affordability? Or should we sit tight, play it safe and tuck away every spare penny in case pension funds fail to cover our future frugal lifestyles?

Who knows? But life is certainly never boring as a wannabe frugaleur!

2 comments:

  1. I think you always have to have a hand in the game. Now more than ever. With technology whizzing by us so quickly you don't have to be 100% up-to-date to be relevant. But if you stand to the side and let it all pass by, you will miss out on the society's advance. Just my two cents...~ Pru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as someone who has been writing for the web for over 15 years, I have witnessed many changes and kept up with the most obvious ones, but the behind scenes world of where the pages are has been overlooked. I learned that when moving the forums... I owned the wrong kind of virtual space! LOL.

      Delete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. All comments are moderated to help prevent system abuse by spammers, time-wasters and chancers, so your comment will not appear until it has been manually accepted for publishing. This will be done as soon as possible - I check for updates regularly. We are on GMT - London times.