Monday 26 August 2013

Eco-Friendly Ways to Package Your Kid’s School Lunch

packed lunch
This is a link to someone else’s blog that was pointed out to me. It’s taking a look at school packed lunches and may include a few ideas you’d like to try if you have kids taking their own pack-up lunches to school.

See the following link for details:

Eco-Friendly Ways to Package Your Kid’s School Lunch

This is a third party link, I have no control over any of its content or links it may contain, nor do I receive any payment for linking to it.

Hope it’s of interest to some of you. Smile

I do like the Bento type boxes and am wondering how easy it would be to make something similar for everyday use when taking a picnic lunch, for example. I did a quick search for Bento Boxes after reading the above article and thought I would include an Amazon link, which is a referral link, to show you what these are. Their origin is Japan, where they have some rather ornate boxes in which to pack their take away meals.

I'll be back at a later date to discuss this topic further,

NYK in Frugaldom 

8 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. I think life is to short for bento boxes but I like to vary what DD has each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of them as it allows for taking more adventurous picnic meals that can include different dishes - ideal when taking lunch with me on the bike if it saves carrying loads of tubs and bags - everyone can take their own. LOL

      Delete
  2. I have stainless steel stacking tiffin cans. THey are excellent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still using plastic tubs and poly-bags here, maybe one day I'll get something more permanent. :)

      Delete
  3. A few years ago in Thailand we were given a ack lunch and everything was wrapped in banana leaves to keep it fresh and the drink was in a glass bottle. So no waste at all. We were quite impressed with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could actually try that if my banana tree seeds germinate. I'm told the leaves are massive and can reach several feet in length.

      Delete
  4. bento boxes are very popular here also.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen a bento box but they look good for taking picnic stuff rather than just simple sandwiches.

      Delete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. All comments are moderated to help prevent system abuse by spammers, time-wasters and chancers, so your comment will not appear until it has been manually accepted for publishing. This will be done as soon as possible - I check for updates regularly. We are on GMT - London times.